Stefan Milev’s photographs are being described as sending out rays of sensual poetry,a sheer sensuality combined with strong photographic skills and a overall concept towards imagery perfection. ”He gives his pictures a subtle aura of mystery and stands with his work between photography and painting.Stefan Milev displays a highly artistic photographic identity towards the relationship between the model and his very personal technique of painting with light.
As a result, Milev’s picturesque meaning of photographs uncover a unique and multiplex sense for the Zeitgeist in photography.
Milev, first and foremost recognized as a pictorialist continues the tradition of Fine Art photographers from the early 19th Century, such as Alvin Langdon Coburn and George Seeley.”
Hιs work is indeed intriguing and so are his personal views on the matters of art,fashion and photography!
-What is the overall vision behind your work?
– There is no specific vision behind my work, no rules, no force, that’s the vision. “I see what I photograph, I photograph(capture) what I feel”
-What inspires you? Fashion history, music, images..
– Everything you mentioned gives inspiration. In general the way of living “mental freedom is the air I breath”
-What is your latest project about?
–Vitruvian anubis, Delusion/Cause and 2+2=4 are upcoming collections/projects.
-Could you define’’ beauty’’ or ‘’style’’ in your very own terms?
– “Beauty is simple, style could be violent.” I like things without style, Photographs, paintings, workbooks, nature, breeding
~Any more infos you’d like to share with us regarding your future plans?
– I don’t know what tomorrow will bring but every day brings new challenges, triumphs and successes. Photography is never boring
-What’s the best advice you’d give to someone considering entering the fashion world?
– Fashion is Zeitgeist, but I don’t like style and understand fashion, so I have no advices.
-Τhank you very much for the interview..
gallery sophie maree
Kaiserstrasse 69, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, Germany